Sunday, August 27, 2006

Vomit, Laundry and Early Morning Insomnia

The worst thing in the world is waking to the sound of your child screaming hysterically. Really, how's a person to ever become comfortable with the idea of their little one sleeping in their own room, even a room just next to yours.

Yet I now find myself wide awake at 2:00 in the morning due to this very reason. And it's my fault. You see, this morning while putting away groceries I realized that there were some grapes sitting in the crisper of the fridge. I thought we didn't have any! So I rinsed them and picked through them and they looked pretty good. My DS decided he wanted to eat some of them so I set him up at the table with some grapes and juice. All seemed well. However when he woke from his nap he was running a little fever. I gave him some tylenol, it worked great and I thought nothing of it. Fast forward to 5 min to 1:00am...

So now we are both sitting here, wide awake. I had to do a load of laundry to wash his sheets, and his beloved Ojo bear. She, unfortunately, took the brunt of the vomit since he has taken to sleeping ON her lately. I need to go check on her and the rest of the sheets. Then maybe we can see about getting back to sleep.

Oh, and being awake at this time of the morning has allowed me to wonder just where the hell is AF?! She's a day late and counting.

3 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

ICK! And I hope you ended up getting some more sleep and I hope your DS is feeling better today!

Jennifer said...

Hope J is feeling better soon.

Could no AF be a good thing??? How long ago did DH leave?

Anonymous said...

Ughhhh sorry to hear J is not feeling well and hopefully it passed, dont you love waking to find a huge tidal wave of vomit over everything......it sure wakes you better than a coffee I tell ya ;) Anyhow as for AF Im hoping she is MIA for a reason :)