Friday, August 04, 2006

Late Night Randomness

I finally heard from DH this afternoon. He made it overseas and was getting settled in. I'm glad his flight was uneventful. For some reason I was really nervous about it.

One of the great things about being home is that I have "workout buddies" again. My sisters are both trying to lose weight also and we've taken a pact to get together at least once a week and ride our bikes. We went for a nice long ride earlier in the evening. It was great! And the nice thing is my DS did really well for most of the ride. Last time he fussed with his helmet, didn't want to be in the trailer, and was generally a crank pot. Tonight I couldn't get his helmet on him fast enough, he was anxious to get in the trailer and held out until about 5 min from the cars before he got cranky. I'm hoping our ride next week will be the same, or even better.

The one thing my dad and step mother have in their house that I refused to have in mine is a scale. I stepped on it the first week we were here and was pleasently surprised that I hadn't gained any more weight since my last doctor's appt many months ago. I think I now know what my max body weight is! When I got on the scale today it says I've lost about 3 lbs. I'll take it - at least for now. I'd like to lose about 20 times that if I can. I'll take 10 times that by this time next year, just in time for my 20th high school reunion. OMW, can it really be 20 years already?!

No comments: