Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Better

Just to update, DS is fine. This morning you couldn't even tell he'd been stung. By bed time last night the swelling was gone and you had to look very closely to see the sting site. When we talked to DH and told him about the sting, DS showed him his elbow! LOL!

Today was a much better day on a couple other fronts. Along with the bee sting yesterday DS also got "written up" for hitting. We sat on the steps and talked and I reminded him he needed to use his words. This is only something he does when he's really frustrated. I know I sound like the my-child-is-never-wrong parent when I say this but...I wonder what the other kid did to irritate him? About the only thing that will cause DS to hit is if he's "defending" his toy or the other child gets right in his face. DS is very particular about his personal space;-) I know that doesn't make it right, which is why we talked about it when I saw the write up, it just helps me to understand what is behind the behavior.

As for me, this week I'm working with the summer camp kids at work. What a challenge! I'm getting a glimps of what is to come with DS. Most of the kids in our group are really good kids, but of course there is always one or two that spoil it for everyone. Well today, that one kid didn't come back to camp. I do feel sorry for him, as I understand his father isn't terribly engaged in raising him (though he lives at home with the kid). It has to be tough when you have to earn your parent's attention. But it sure did make today go much more smoothly not having to deal with this child!

4 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

My DS is the same way although hasn't gotten written up....yet. I am sure some mean ol' kid did something to Jack to piss him off...so um...I would kind of praise the defending hit! LOL! Glad he seems to be doing better and all is ok at the job!

msfitzita said...

Awwww, poor Jack. It must be so hard to be so little and so frustrated and I can well imagine that hitting seemed like the best way to deal with the situation. I think you you handled it so well by reminding him to "use his words".

You sound like the sweetest Mommy. :)

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Momma Jen said...

Poor Jack! You are a wonderful mommy and Jack is so lucky to have you!!!

((HUGS))

Julie said...

Poor Jack. I am sorry he's having a rough time getting used to all that is new in his world. It's great to hear that things are getting better :) You are a wonderful Mommy, Mags!