Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fall

My commute to work usually takes me through one of the valleys in the area. This particular highway is one of the older ones, flowing two lanes in both directions. It's well used!

This week, as I mentioned, I've been going into work earlier than normal. The last couple mornings I've noticed a distinct chill in the morning air.

As I was coming down the hill yesterday morning I noticed that there was fog in the berry fields that line the roadway I was turning onto to get to the highway. It wasn't very thick fog. And as I drove along the highway winding through the semi-rural area that runs for about 10 miles before we get into more densly populated space, I noticed that those fields too had a light layer of fog. The fog stretched it's fingers toward the road, but did not cross over it.

I couldn't help but shiver a little (even though the heater was on in the car) and think Mother Nature is getting in some practice runs. It was beautiful and sad at the same time. Fall is around the corner!

No comments: