Monday, August 14, 2006

New Job, New School

So today was my first day at the museum. It went really well. I'm exhausted! My feet hurt because I was on them all day. They haven't hurt like this since I worked at the airline many moons ago. Note to self: don't wear new shoes on your first day at work when you have to be walking around and standing on concrete in 85 degree heat with little shade.

This job could be fun! I will most likely get to dust off my acting/theatre skills and participate in the living history program. Time to read up on the early part of the 1900's!

DS also had his first day at his new day care today. It seems like he enjoyed himself. He didn't cry when I dropped him off today. We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning. He was one tired little boy tonight! He went right to bed without a fuss (finally!).

We also got to see DH tonight using our web cams. Unfortunately his connection in his room isn't the greatest so he's still going to have to use the "cyber cafe" on the base. It was worth a try! I'm not going to complain because we still get to see him and talk to him.

So life is finally starting to settle in here.

No comments: