Monday, April 17, 2006

Perfect

So the visit to the dentist was a success. My son did wonderfully considering it was the first time he'd been to that office and also the first time someone other than me insisted on seeing his "teef". It looks like we might be in for braces down the road but that I expected. After all DH and I both had them. But the dentist said his teeth look perfect - good brushing, no cavities. And we don't have to come back for a year.

We flew out to CA to visit family for Easter weekend. One last visit before DH leaves. It was a perfect weekend. I got to spend time with my grand mother, who is in her 80's and expecting to die at any time (her thinking, not mine lol). It was nice to spend most of Friday together, it's something we haven't done in a long time. Saturday was less than perfect weather but a wonderful day for us as a family. We took in a movie, walked around a cute little "mall" and just spent time together. I wish all days could be like that. Soon enough...

Sunday was nice - but far from perfect. It would have been perfect if I could have sat at mass knowing that it wasn't a sad day for two of my virtual friends. I have my own struggles with God, that I won't go into, but I tried to get past that (and hope He is past it) enough to ask for two small miracles this coming year - one for S and one for K. I wish I could do more for them. They deserve more - more happiness....more perfect days.

No comments: