Sunday, November 05, 2006

Realizations

It has come to my attention - at least I'm now willing to admit it - that my DS will be 3 years old in less than a month. Holy SHIT! When did that happen?! I'll wax poetic (in other words bore you) on this subject in a few weeks

Life has been so crazy lately. I'm really enjoying work, though I wish the hours were more and more steady.

Friday was a fun day. I kept DS home from school and we met my sister, nephew, and my cousin, her little boy and sister at the children's museum. It was so much fun! We played in all the areas and I got some great pictures. I need to download them from my camera and put them on our web site.

And it's now about two weeks til DH comes home. I can't begin to tell you how anxious I am to have him home. He tells me he will be going out on runs pretty much right up until he's scheduled to leave.

I was just looking at some of the pictures he sent us. He looks tired (duh!). But it's more than that. There was one picture in particular, of him on the range with his rifle, that caught my attention. It was like looking at a stranger really. He's a loving sensitive man, his hands are strong yet so gentle, and to see (I mean really see) him holding a weapon that can take someone's life. Well, it just seemed unreal to me that it was the same hands that hold me close at night, that comfort our son when he is crying, those same loving hands that I held on our wedding day. In the back of my mind I wonder what life will be like once he's home at the end of all this. It's just that you hear stories of how different the soldiers are when they return and I wonder if I'm up to the challenge of helping him readjust to the "normalcy" of every day life.

No comments: