Monday, November 06, 2006

Making Plans

I've begun making firm plans for DS's birthday party. I put a deposit down on the "banquet room" at the Mexican restaurant near my dad's house. As I was figuring how many people we will be hosting I was shocked to realize there are almost 40 of us! And that's just family, no friends from school. There is no way we could fit that many people in my dad's house. And the way the weather's looking we won't be able to use the back yard. One of the hazards of a winter birthday in Seattle.

We are going to get appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks. If people want beer or margaritas they can order them separately.

I'm also having the cake made by a very good friend of ours. I've known this kid, yes he's still a kid to me though he's almost 20, for a number of years. He does a fabulous job.

We're going to get a pinata for the kids and put it on a pole. No, I'm not dumb enough to trust little kids with a stick in a restaurant, lol! They now make pinatas you "break" by pulling on a string. Very restaurant friendly!

I'm so excited about this party. It will be the first time we've been able to throw a real birthday party for him, rather than having one here and one there over the space of 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm sure he will LOVE his party!!! Post lots of pics!