Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sabotage

OK, so I know DS is too little to really sabotage (on purpose) but I had to share this little tale for those of you on the TTC rollercoaster...

I've been very bad about temping this cycle and my chart is a mess. I was going to give up on the last couple of days. You know how it is, DH isn't home so no BDing, DS has been sick off and on the last couple weeks, etc.

So, this morning DS woke up soaked. Not sure if it was just sweat or an overly full pullup. I ended up stripping the bed to wash his sheets. Because DS was a little terror I decided to take him to the mall to the kids playground and do the laundry later. When we got home he was in desperate need for a nap but alas his bed wasn't made. The easiest solution was for him to nap in my bed.

Now, my thermometer is always on the rail right near my pillow so I can grab it when the alarm goes off. And my DS, as many people know, is a car fiend. He needs to have at least one car in bed with him and his bear Ojo. Today's naptime choice was a little Hot Wheels car.

DS was resisting his nap when all of a sudden I hear "Uh oh! I broke my car!" from the bedroom. I go in to find he'd gotten something stuck inside the car (through the window) and I couldn't get it out...Are you following the train of thought here?!

That's right - it is the tip of my thermometer! Grrrrr!!! I didn't discover it until just a few minutes ago when I went to record today's temp and noticed the tip was missing. Sigh!!! At least I get paid this week so I can get a(nother) new thermometer. And no, I still haven't gotten the tip out of the car.

No comments: