Thursday, September 14, 2006

Quiet On The Home Front

All's quiet on the home front these days. Seriously, things are so boring here. It's the same old same old. Not that I'm complaining! I'll take it after the turmoil of the last few months.

I was talking to DH tonight (first time in 24 + hours) and realized he'll be home in about 8 weeks! Yikes!! The last 8 have gone by so quickly, I hope the next 8 will also. It will be nice to have him home.

DS is doing well at school. This morning I found out that he has a buddy he likes to hang out with at school. That makes me very happy! I know he plays with all the kids at one point or another but it's nice to have a "bud" IYKWIM. He had a really good friend at his old day care and I know he misses J. I also know J misses DS, as I've traded emails with J's mom.

Yesterday my sister and I took DS and her DS to the children's museum. It was great fun though I was disappointed that the Clifford exhibit hadn't opened yet. It opens this weekend, when I have to work of course! Oh well, I'm going to try to get DS down there again on my next day off.

The weather has definitely begun to turn here. It's raining right now, and cold. I don't know when it started. I love the sound of rain on the roof and didn't realize how much I missed that sound. Our apartment in AZ was a ground floor one so we never even heard the rain most of the time. Of course, ask me again in mid December how much I love the rain, lol.

2 comments:

JPAKAJR said...

I am so excited that your DH will be home in 8 weeks:-) YAY.

Awe Jack has a buddy. Crazy how fast they grow up.

((((((((HUGS))))))

Anonymous said...

Yay on DH being home soon 8 weeks wow!!! Im glad Jack has a little friend as its always good for them even though they hang out with everyone I totally agree ;) ((((HUGS)))) and glad you got to enjoy the rain!!!