Monday, September 18, 2006

Flashback

Tonight there was not much on tv. I'm not much of a reality show watcher so that leaves precious little for me most nights. I've taken to watching alot of TLC, Discovery Channel and PBS lately. Tonight was a PBS kinda night, lol.

So while I was searching for something to watch, I stumbled across a wonderful program dedicated to the music of John Denver. I know, I know...but honestly, I do like his music. As a child I would sing with his records/songs. He was one of the singers who inspired my "style". But I never fully appreciated the poetic - ness (is that even a word?) of his lyrics.

As an adult - a wife and mother - his songs take on an all new meaning for me. I've always loved Leaving On A Jet Plane, Annie's Song, Country Roads, etc. They are GREAT sing-a-long songs. But now I really get them.

And as I listened to Annie's Song for the umpteenth time tonight my mind inevitably went to my DH. The love I have for him and how much I miss him. Yes I'm a sap, lol. The next few weeks can't go fast enought...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Mags I hope the time flies quickly and DH is home soon safe and sound. I love John Denver too but dont let it get out there lol.

Momma Jen said...

((HUGS))