Sunday, September 03, 2006

Peace and Quiet

There are days when I long for peace and quiet. You know those days - the child is clinging to your leg and/or whining, the phone is ringing, you are trying to make breakfast and lunch at the same time, put on your makeup and not lose it because you can't find the child's favorite video and he's dying to watch it right NOW. These kinds of days can try the patience of a saint, which I definitely am not! I think to myself what I really want is to be able to sit in a quiet room and hear myself think.

And then I find myself in that quiet room, DS is tucked in bed and sleeping like the angel he is, my dad and step mother are out for the weekend - it's just me, myself and I. And I'm bored. Seriously! There is nothing good on tv, the book I'm reading is not appealing to me at the moment, and it's too late to call anyone.

When I really examine it, it's not boredom so much as I don't want to have to think. The thoughts in my head are the typical ones - finances, how can I squeeze in a few more hours at work this week......and why the heck am I watching a show about 9/11. Mostly I'm trying not to think about the close call DH had the other day. I'm not doing a very good job of distracting myself.

No comments: