Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nothing But Empty Space

Unfortunately, it's not not good news. There was no heartbeat, nothing. Just an empty sac once again. It measured 6w2d but there wasn't anything there. I could tell before the u/s tech had even taken the u/s wand out that something wasn't right. She didn't say much to us and never turned the screen so I could see it.

Luckily DH was able to get away from work to meet me at the dr's office. I wasn't expecting him to be there, but am very glad he was.

We met with the dr after the u/s was over. He had a quant bloodtest done today and I'll go back on Saturday for a repeat to see what my numbers are doing. Depending on the results we'll either schedule another u/s for next week (hoping against hope) or a D&C. He gave us the option to just wait it out but if my body hasn't started the process by then, well I just want it to be over. I can't take the waiting and wondering much longer.

Honestly, I think the end is starting. My symptoms are much weaker than they were even a couple days ago. Still no spotting/bleeding as of now though.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support. You have no idea what it's meant to me, and DH. So now I'll go and help my sweet little DS get in his jammies and we'll say a prayer for another little brother or sister who will never be with us except as an angel.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sorry. So not fair.

(((((HUGS)))))

RollerCoaster said...

Words aren't going to cut it. Many hugs are coming your way.

Sherry said...

Oh Mags - I'm so incredibly sorry. =( Many, many hugs to you.

Julie said...

I am so, so sorry Mags. :(
((((Hugs)))

ladywithasong said...

Mags, I'm so so sorry :(

Many hugs and prayers to you and DH.