Sunday, July 08, 2007

Side Effects

Sorry to leave you hanging after my last post. Here's the latest:

The surgery was done in exactly the time the dr said it would be. Dad came thru with flying colors! There was little to no damage to his heart, which is a very good sign. That means he hasn't had any heart attacks that they can see and it also means his recovery should go smoothly.

He's been in the CCU since Friday. He only spent one night in ICU! They've already gotten him up and walking, and have started making plans for him to come home some time tomorrow. Wow! That's fast!

My sister, BIL and I will be moving my dad's bed down to the lower level of the house. It will be easier for him than climbing the stairs all the time, at least until he has more strength. But we're leaving the treadmill in his room so he can use it whenever he wants;-)

An interesting "side effect" is on the relationship (or what there was/is of one) between my dad and mom. They've been divorced for about 5 years now but were separated for several years before that. Until now it's been strained at best whenever we get together for family stuff - weddings, birthdays, etc. On the 4th we went to my sister's for a bbq and I guess my dad, mom and step mother had an interesting conversation. One that ended with them on better terms than before. I hadn't realized that it had even taken place until yesterday when my step mother said something about it.

Here's hoping that this week is the start of a healthy dad, and a healthier family!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is GREAT news!