Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bombshell

So the high I was feeling at my last post has long since faded away - and it's only been a few short days.

Within 48 hrs of my last post we learned that my dad needs to have triple bypass surgery. Talk about a total shock! He's perfectly healthy (aside from a bum knee, chronically sore hip, and diabetes) and not feeling at all like he had heart problems.

The last 48 hrs has been a total whirl wind. Test after test and making arrangements for this and that. It's amazing what you can accomplish in so short a time if you need to. I don't think I've had a chance to process it yet.

So here we sit in the hospital waiting room, anxious for any scrap of information they can give from the operating room, trying not to drive each other crazy.

Did I mention how much I hate hospitals?

2 comments:

Julie said...

(((((Mags))))

msfitzita said...

Oh Mags, I'm so sorry...

I hate hospitals too, and I'm so so so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm thinking about you - and praying for him.

((((((HUGS))))