Monday, July 03, 2006

Notes from the Road

I'm checking in from the road. We stopped for the night in Redding, CA last night. For those of you unfamiliar with the most direct route from Phoenix to Seattle, we are in No. CA just a couple hours north of Sacramento. It's so beautiful up here. We are getting ready to head into my favorite part of the drive.

My son has done really well on this drive so far (knock on wood). The dvd player in the van really helps. He hasn't caught on to what is going on yet I don't think. The next day or two should be interesting.

I'm exhausted. We didn't get done cleaning the apartment until noon on Saturday. Ugh! I never realized we had so much shit!! A 1000 sq ft apt holds alot of stuff! LOL! Luckily the complex was nice about giving us the extra time.

Well, the troops are beginning to move around so I'd better get ready to hit the road. "See" you all in Seattle.

3 comments:

msfitzita said...

You're a brave soul - what a long trip!!! I hope the rest of it goes well and we'll "see" you soon!

(((HUGS))

Kori said...

All Hail the DVD player in the car... (my kids are quiet, but couldn't tell me the color of a tree LOL;) - i have a great story to tell you - when I was packing stuff to move here from So. Cal we had a zillion boxes from our 1599 square foot house...drawers really hide things well. But I had labeled them like this Box #1- Matt's green hat with the mickey mouse, My purple scarf with the butterflies, white sport socks with the gold stripe, dolphin frame from living room...etc. I was so detailed, determined I would know exactly where all my stuff was when I got here LOL. We still laugh over this - but by the time I got to box 30 this detailed listing crap was done and boxes 31 through the rest said magical things like "All the crap from Kitchen, who knew we had this much shit?" and "OMG I don't know what's in this box and I don't care!"
LOL ;) (now my comment is longer than your post sorry!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue to have a safe and uneventful trip