Thursday, July 13, 2006

Settling In

Sorry it's been almost two weeks since I checked in. We did in fact make it to Seattle. DS handled the trip like a champ! Of course we all now know the dialogue and lyrics in the movie Chicken Little by heart, lol.

The first week here we did as much as we could as a family before DH had to report back to the base. It was great. I'll have to load up some pics to share with you all.

This week has been a vain attempt at unpacking and organizing all the stuff we brought with us. I fear that some things got left in storage in Arizona. The most important bits - the screws and stuff from DS's bed - I did manage to find. We need them to set up the bunk for my cousins to use next month when they visit. I also got the final application materials taken over to the museum I applied at.

Oh, and an update on the continuing saga of the missing wallet...DH found out on Tuesday this week that he did break his hand. Funny how that will happen when your fist meets the wall at a high rate of speed and velocity! I don't think it would have been so bad if he hadn't insisted on moving alot of the heavy stuff by himself. Luckily it's not so bad and the doctors cleared him to return to duty.

I know I've been a bad board member lately, being MIA and all. I apologize to everyone. This full time Mommy gig is fun but hard. I knew it would be challenging, thanks to the insite from the SAHM on the board.

Speaking of, I'd better head for bed now. DS will be up before I know it. Sleep tight!

5 comments:

Kori said...

OMG you're not a bad board member, you're in the middle of moving! Ouch on DH breaking his hand. *HUGS* we all love you!

Anonymous said...

Miss you Mags, but we understand you being MIA with the move.

Glad you got there okay and things are settling into place. Don't ya miss the summer heat of AZ, though...not!

Anonymous said...

Mags we sure have missed you but trust me you made a huge move and taking care of a child on top of it we dont expect that your going to be online all the time. I cant wait to see your pics I bet you all had a great time with DH. Glad the move has gone well and sorry to hear about DH hand ouch!!!

RollerCoaster said...

Glad you made it to Seattle! We all understand about being MIA. Enjoy the SAHM stuff while you can! OUCH on DH's hand!

Erin said...

We miss you but totally and completely understand.