Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Things in Threes

OK, so I'm a total blogging slacker. LOL! So much for posting daily. It was a noble goal...

You know how they say "bad" things happen in threes? Well, we've reached that quota with DH. First was the wallet, then the broken hand. Then, two days before he was scheduled to leave overseas DH fell and split his knee open!

He's got 12 stitches in his knee. The doctors won't release him to go until the wound is completely healed. Apparently the sand over there is really fine and gets into everything no matter how well protected it is. Add to that some nasty bacteria and such and the conditions are not good for someone with a gash from one side of his knee to the other.

On the bright side, he's home on convalescent leave until this coming Sunday. It's been great having him around even though he's not as helpful as he could be if his hand weren't in a brace.
We've been taking advantage of him being home, and me not working yet, and doing a ton of family stuff. The zoo, the water and amusement park, all kinds of fun stuff. My son is really enjoying having daddy home.

OK, I'd better get going. I've got some grocery shopping to do. We start seriously working on potty training next week once our schedule gets back to normal. I'm the potty training woosy of all time. LOL! Now I have no more excuses, it has to get done.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Aww that sucks about DH's knee, but I'm glad you got some more time before he has to go.

Good Luck with the Potty Training! :)

RollerCoaster said...

Bummer about DH's knee....but at least you get to spend some great family time with him before he leaves! We haven't started potty training yet....I have some more time, right?