Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome to My World!

I think my DH may finally be feeling the stress. I talked with him briefly this morning (as every morning) and could hear the stress in his voice.

He will be getting leave time before he heads overseas - about 8 days. As he was happily telling me all about it on Tuesday I reminded him that his leave starts the day before I was planning to hit the road, 2 yo and trailer in tow, for the big move to my dad's. I do believe I managed to crush his plans for a stress free leave;-)

Now he will get to come home to Arizona, help me finish packing stuff up in the trailer and then hit the road bright and early the next morning. I thought briefly about just flying him into Seattle and meeting him there a couple days later but that stressed me out, lol. I don't relish the idea of pushing through a 1300 mile drive in 2 days (which can be done by the way) with a two year old and a trailer. NOT going to happen.

So, as we tried to discuss plans last night DH got overwhelmed by the options and got mad at me. See, this is what happens when you leave the planning to an anal-retentive like myself! As soon as he called this morning I told him he was coming here first and we would drive up together. He is fine with this, his only request being that my dad still come down to help. Fair enough and luckily my dad is easily bribed by Mariner's tickets.

DH was still stressed when I hung up with him. I asked him what was wrong and he actually told me this! He wonders how we are going to get everything done in time. My answer...it will get done one thing at a time, just like I've been doing it for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Don't think any further ahead than we have to and we'll make it. Of course airplane ticket prices wait for no man, so I have to do that soon. But that's the easy part.

2 comments:

Momma Jen said...

Sending you LOTS of calming vibes!!! ((HUGS))

Just remember to breathe and what you told your DH was wonderful advice!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots is going on and I agree with Jelly Im sending tons of calming vibes your way it will all work out fine and you gave great advice to DH!!! GL with everything ((((HUGS))))