Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Catching My Second Wind

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. It feels like it's been a month!

Graduation was alot more fun than I anticipated. The all university commencement was last Thursday. I think we may have set the world record for the shortest commencement EVER. 1 hour and 30 minutes exactly. For a university graduating 7000+ seniors, masters and doctoral candidates on 3 campuses and two continents, that's pretty darn good!

My son and I tolerated the onslaught of family pretty well too. He only had one real meltdown - Sunday morning. Happy Mother's Day to me, lol. He survived rooming with me, relatives he hasn't seen in months, a baby in the house taking all of the attention that is usually his, a serious break in routine, commencement and convocation and travelling to 4 states in 5 weeks. Not to mention my DH leaving. My son is a trooper, that's for sure.

I haven't had alot of time to think about anything else, which is probably a good thing. I'm just now starting to look at getting boxes to start packing, getting a trailer hitch for the van, renting a trailer, and when should my last day in the office be. I also need to give official notice to my son's day care.

The fun part is, my calendar at work is pretty much booked between now and the end of June. I'm never booked more than 2 weeks in advance at any point during the year. How ironic.

Last night, after I'd rocked my son to sleep and put him in his bed, I sat down in the living room and realized, I don't have any homework to do! After 19 years of reading and researching, I can actually think about picking up a book to read for FUN! What a novel concept (no pun intended). The first thing on my reading list - a book recommended by an anthro professor several years ago. I bought it a couple summers ago and never got around to reading it. I may have to dig it out of the pile of crap on my kitchen table and see if it's as good as he said it was.

2 comments:

Kori said...

I just wanted to say congratulations again on your graduation! :) *HUGS*

RollerCoaster said...

Congratulations again on graduating! I hope the worl of opportunites is at your feet! GL with the move!