Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lunch

Today I had lunch with a group of clients, who I consider to be friends really. It was so much fun to be out of the office, away from my desk and pretty much stress free. We met up with their former boss, who is a great person. I love spending time with her. She has alot (I mean alot) of energy.

It's amazing how something as simple as lunch out of the office can really energize you, and make the day go by faster. I think I need to eat lunch away from my desk more often.

The other thing that came of this fun lunch was a realization that I'm better "connected" than I thought I was. I've been racking my brain about who I could get to write me a letter of recommendation for grad school. As we were talking, and they were quizzing me about the move, what I was going to do for the year we are in Seattle, etc., the former client/co-worker suggested a couple of names I could ask that would look GREAT as recs. Duh!! I didn't even think about them.

Sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of ears to help bring a problem into focus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an enjoyable lunch and its the little things that really help make our day a little brighter..wishing you lots of luck in your future I know you'll do well :)