Sunday, February 10, 2008

Post D&C Update

So I'm two days post d&c and "so far so good". I'm feeling ok, a little crampy but that's to be expected I guess.

Honestly, though we have talked about TTC again as soon as possible, I'm feeling a little gun shy. I'm sure that's also normal. I know I may be putting the cart before the horse but I can't help being very anxious about what will happen with the next pg. I mean, now the anxiety I feel walking into the u/s room is so very different than it was before. Before it was a happy anxious, now I feel dread just thinking about it.

I am going to start looking into accupuncture and TCM (traditional chinese medicine). I've got a couple of places I want to look into over the next couple of weeks. Even if it does nothing more than help me relax I'm sure that will help.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thinking of you often these days Mags. Many, many(((hugs)))

YAHPR said...

Martialartsdiva sent me the link to your blog. First, let me say I am SO sorry you have to go through this. I know there are no words to describe the ugliness of the situation.

I began to naturally miscarry on Feb 18. My beta number at 5wks2d was only 28, so we had probably started losing the baby the minute I found out we were pregnant. I have one DS who is 3 1/2, and we had already told him he was going to be a big brother. Hell, we had told everyone already.

The night of the ER visit, I asked my DH if we could try again. Of course, he said yes, but of course, we're both terrified. Who wouldn't be terrified of this happening again? I'm sad because the joy of pregnancy will be overshadowed by this experience.

I just wanted to send you some hugs, and let you know that if you want to talk, you are not alone.

Dawn

msfitzita said...

Oh Mags, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your little one :(

I've been really bad at reading blogs lately and didn't know you'd had another miscarriage. I'm so very sorry, my friend.

I COMPLETELY understand feeling gun shy. It's a terrible thing to have to do, take that risk again, knowing how much there is to lose.

I'm thinking of you and praying for healing and peace.