Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dinner Last NIght

It's funny how, when you think you are doing great, you end up realizing you are nowhere near as great as you feel.

Last night DH took me out to dinner. Kind of a late valentine's day dinner. Anyway, we get there and all hell breaks loose. I'm not sure when it started exactly - probably when he decided to pick a fight over the stupid appetizer (as in which one he wanted). And it just got worse from there, culminating in the hostess seating a very pg woman and her family right across from us. I couldn't keep from crying. About the only good thing is, it wasn't an ugly cry. Now THAT would have been embarrassing. Luckily, at this point, we were about done anyway. I chose dessert and then we left.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DH. He just doesn't always seem to be able to get when it's not ok to have a fight - like in public when there's a waiter wanting to take our order.

No comments: