Monday, February 26, 2007

Worse Than Taxes

Want a fool proof way of ruining your Sunday afternoon? Try doing your taxes AND finding out that a dumbass has gotten his girlfriend pregnant - again!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read an email from an aquaintance bragging about how his girlfriend is pregnant, with their second child, and the not so subtle implication is it was an "accident".

The insensitivity of his email was not intentional. He has no way of knowing that DH and I were TTC for so long before he was sent over seas. But I must say it took all my strength and self control not to send him a scathing email back. Maybe what made me angry was his comment that "we should know how to avoid this", or something along those lines. It finally came down to this...he does seem to be happy and I didn't want to ruin that for him or his girlfriend.

I know I shouldn't let news like this get to me but it's so hard. I can think of several other people I'd rather hear are pregnant than A and his girlfriend.

And to add insult to injury, DH told me yesterday morning that the wife of one of his friends in AZ is also pregnant. She got pg while he was home on leave. Hmmmmm...lucky them.... I about burst into tears on the phone. And DH is so sweet, offering to have an SA or whatever it took when he gets home. I know it's not him, it's me - either I'm too fat or too old. And I hate, Hate, HATE the fact that we are losing precious cycles while DH is away. I'm going to be 39 this year, there's not much time left.

So, my new goal for the next 5 months is to drop as many lbs as I can before DH gets home. I'll be damned if my weight is going to be an issue for us when it comes to getting pregnant.

1 comment:

RollerCoaster said...

(((((HUGS))))) I could write a novel here. I hope beyond hope that you will finds yourself pg once again when your DH comes home.