Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Days

So, a week (or more) has come and gone. DS is feeling much better, thank goodness. I love him with all my heart but puke and poop are my two least favorite things to have to deal with - let alone at the same time.

DH managed to score many points on Valentines day by sending me a beautiful flower arrangement. Generally speaking we don't "do" Valentines day so it was a nice surprise to get the flowers.

I've made it thru two weeks on my new job and haven't managed to mess things up too badly. I'm lucky to have a couple co-workers who are supportive and willing to answer my dumb questions. It's definitely not entirely what I thought it would be, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

And Saturday a friend of mine gave me some of the best news I could have gotten on a beautiful, warm and sunny almost spring day in the NW. She's pregnant! S and J have been TTC since about the time DH and I started TTC 4 years ago. S has had 2 m/c in the last 18 or so months and was about ready to give up last time I talked to her. I can't say I blame her! All the medical proceedures, the poking and prodding, the meds and their awful side effects...they can take a toll on a person! And to endure this for almost 4 years is super human in my book.

Best of all, S is carrying twins:-) She's a bit wigged out but very excited. Both babies are looking good at this point. S is due to have another ultrasound this week to check their progress.

So, life is pretty good here. Now, if only the weather would stay nice for longer than 10 minutes at a time...

No comments: