Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Trucking Along

So far so good with the new job. I'm still adjusting to the new schedule, though this is going to be a tough week. I have to do a "sleep over" on Thursday night - basically pull an all nighter, something I haven't done in many many years.

DS seems to be adjusting pretty well. Luckily he loves to ride in my dad's guck (truck) and my dad is the one taking him to daycare for me. This way I get to pick him up and can spend some time with him before bed. I can't wait til the days get longer and it stays light longer!

The one piece of bad news the last week or so concerns my grandmother. She's going to be 90 this year (yikes!) and we found out that she's got 80% blockage in her heart. The docs were originally thinking she might be able to try using meds to correct this but now they say the best way is to do angioplasty. I'm a little nervous about this. She's not the most active person to begin with and the recovery could be difficult. The doc seems to think she's a good enough candidate though. It just makes me nervous that she has to go all the way to San Diego for the operation. We don't have a surgery date yet. Hopefully by the weekend we'll know more.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're Grandma is in my thoughts and prayers as are you.