Monday, January 08, 2007

Reality Check

So I'm not turning out to be any better at posting this year than I was last year. I swear, I look away from the calendar for a moment and a week has gone by!

Not that there is much to really write about these days. With the holidays over we are settling back into routine. This week should be interesting on a couple different fronts:

1) I will be interviewing for a full time position at the museum. Hooray! I really hope I get the job. If I don't I'm going to have to find another part time one close to home. I'm just not picking up the hours I need, unfortunately.

2) The weather is promising to be nasty starting tomorrow evening. They are even calling for snow! As long as the power doesn't go out again, I'm ok with it.

On the bright side, DS is doing really well with potty training. He hasn't had a real accident in about three weeks. By real I mean flat out ignoring the urge to go and soiling his pants. He's had one or two "misses" where he's almost made it but not quite. My least favorite thing in the world of potty training a boy is trying to get him to stand still long enough to finish actually peeing IN the toilet. I've cleaned the bowl and floor in both bathrooms in the house (that we use) more times lately...and it's one of my least favorite chores.

DH is doing well, though he sounds tired when I talk to him. He's hating being over seas. I really think being gone for the holidays got to him. It makes me glad that he didn't end up getting the two year deployment to Afghanistan! I don't think he would have been able to make it.

I somehow need to figure out a time to go visit the IL. DH was saying today that his mom is having a hard time right now. FIL had ankle surgery back in late Sept/early Oct and is wheelchair bound for a while. That means MIL has to take up the slack with chores (feeding the animals and caring for FIL being the big ones). I don't know how much help I'll be if we go, though. I'd hate to add one more thing to her plate, KWIM?

That reminds me, I need to check my lottery tix and see if I won this weekend. That would solve a number of problems! Ouch! Did I ask you to pinch me and bring me back to reality?! Sigh! ;-)

1 comment:

Erin said...

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get the job.