Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow - Bleh!

OK, I'm going to whine here for a minute. If you don't want to listen turn the volume down on your TV for 30 seconds...

I like snow, I really do, but this is getting ridiculous! We've had the worst weather the last 2 mos or so. The end of November was the first big snow storm, then a week later was the big windstorm followed by snow last week. Last week and this week we've gotten more snow followed by freezing temps at night and warmer temps (above freezing - barely) during the day. That means MORE ice on the roads. People here don't do well with ice on the roads.

And to top it off schools have been closed which means my programs at work have been cancelled. This means no pay check for me. Lord, I hope I get the job I interviewed for today. It's full time which means better pay (not by much but better) and I'm not going to be as dependant on programs for hours.

DS has been having the time of his life. This morning he looked at me and said "I love the snow Mommy!" while we were cuddling on the couch watching it snow. It did concern him that Santa might be lost though. I think I managed to assuage his fears by explaining about the North Pole again;-) Ahhhh to be 3 and have your biggest concern be whether Santa is directionally challenged.

And did I mention I'm PMSy and AF showed yesterday without so much as a crampy warning?!

About the only good thing that's happened this week is that DH has managed to not get blown up. The last couple runs he's had to make have been pretty intense. I don't have all the details of course but I don't really need them.

No comments: