Monday, June 26, 2006

Am I really making progress?

I wish I could keep up my postings the way I'd intended. It's just I don't feel I have much to say these days, that's new and interesting at least.

My son and I had a good visit with one of my sisters. She came to help me get some stuff moved that I couldn't do by myself. It was a busy morning on Saturday but we managed to get everything accomplished. I even got most of my shredding taken care of yesterday! Woohoo!

The only thing is, as I look around the apartment I feel like I've still got a long way to go. I'm going to make a run this afternoon at lunch to pick up yet more boxes and drop off two suitcases full of clothes at the consignment shop. Today starts the chores of packing up my son's room and my room. I need to see more boxes filled so I feel like I'm accomplishing something besides making myself crazy. We won't even go to the topic of what my kitchen looks like!

Yet again I can see that this packing situation is getting to my son. He now feels the need to carry a huge armload of his favorite cars with us everywhere we go. It's mildly irritating to me because he has little arms and it really is a huge load of cars. But I know that he's feeling unsettled and the cars help him feel more secure so I try not to let it get to me when I have to dig for his harness buckles every time I go to buckle him in the car seat.

My sister did make an interesting suggestion yesterday. She asked if I was going to hire a maid service to clean my apt for me. I hadn't thought about it until she mentioned it. I might look into it and see what it would cost. It might be easier than trying to do it all myself on Friday!

Oh, and I splurged a little at the swap meet this weekend. My son and I went yesterday after dropping my sister off at the airport. There is this toy my DH and I keep saying we are going to buy for our son. It's a track that you can lay out in various ways and the cars that are on it go by themselves. I made the mistake of letting my son watch it for a while yesterday and he pitched a fit about having to leave "my cars, my cars". It was only $10, about half the cost at the mall, so I bought it and we will open it when we get to my dad's house. Yet another form of bribery...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew sounds like your busy with all your packing and that is so sweet about the armload of cars and trucks something Liam would do and I would also find it mildly annoying but would let it go due to the move also. I hope you get all your bedrooms packed up and things continue to go smoothly :)

Erin said...

I too hate the instinct to buy guilt gifts. *SIGH*

Shannon (shan977) said...

I wish I could come help you pack. I fear that our boys together would make a huge mess though!
(((HUGS))) I hope this week goes smoothly for you!