Saturday, October 27, 2007

Speaking of Doctors

Lately I've been obsessed with drs.

I've been trying to get DS in to see his pediatrician with no luck. I originally wanted to be sure to get him his flu shot this year. No go with his ped, they are only giving shots to kids under 3yo. OK, fine, I'll take him somewhere else to get one. A few days later I'm reminded by his daycare that he needs to have his vaccinations updated. So again I call the dr and am told they won't just give him the shot because it's been more than a year since they've seen him (DUH!). Since his 4 year check is due soon anyway I asked to just schedule it a little early and do the vaccine then. Nope! They are booked until after the first of the year. What?! That's crazy! Every dr in a 5 person practice is booked until after January 1, 2008?!

So I began my search for a new ped. Luckily the other ped that came recommended to me is taking new patients and I can get DS in to see him next week!

In the midst of this fiasco I had my own annual exam to go to. It was the rescheduled appt from what was supposed to be my first prenatal check. I just have to say I love, love, love my ob/gyn. The entire office staff is really wonderful. My appt was with the nurse practitioner, whom I really liked already. We chatted about how things were going, DH being back, etc. And I lost it. Between sobs I explained about losing the baby. She was really wonderful. And I think she was a little upset that the office staff hadn't had me come in for bloodwork when I called about the bleeding starting. She immediately ordered bloodwork for me and they took it before I left the office. She promised to call me on Monday with the results.

No comments: