Saturday, September 08, 2007

Where's the Off Switch?!

OK, don't get me wrong. I love my DS with all my heart and I'm glad that his verbal skills have improved so much lately. But OMG, please, someone tell me how on earth do I turn this kid's talking switch off?!

I'm not kidding! The kid will repeat the same thing at least twice after he's told me the first time. And if I don't answer each time he'll repeat it again.

I'm sure this is due to being in day care and having to compete with up to 20 other kids for the teacher's attention but man alive! It's wearing me out!

Other than that, though, his verbal skills have hit an entirely new level lately. He's having complete conversations with us now, some of which are initiated by him. Yesterday, for instance. He likes to have a snack in the car on the way to day care so he asked if he could have some grapes. I said yes and fixed him a little bowl to take with us. After we'd gotten on the road I realized we'd left the grapes at home. He looked a me and said "Let's turn around and go back and get them." After surpressing a laugh I told him we were running late and couldn't go back. He said "That's ok, I'll eat them when I get home." Then he proceeded to move on to the topic of "what's that out my window".

Each morning now we pass by one of the local high schools. Their football "stadium" is right on school grounds and we can see it from the road as we pass. DS calls it the football high school and insists he can go there because he's a bigger boy now. LOL! I told him he needs to be a little bigger before he can go to the football high school.

No comments: