Saturday, October 21, 2006

In Love Again

Yup, you read right, I've fallen in love again - with reading! I've always loved reading. When I was a kid I could put away a book a week (or less). But once I got to college I had very little time to read for pleasure. Reading text after text really dampened my enthusiasm and, as a result, I hadn't picked up a book for fun reading in almost 20 years.

But about 3 weeks ago the most miraculous thing happened. I finished the book I was reading for work and was looking for something to take with me for my shifts at Airpark. My step mother suggested I pick up a Harry Potter book and take it with me - so I did. I am now hooked!

I know many people finished them along time ago but, as I mentioned, my reading time has been consumed with text books. I didn't want to risk what has happened. I'm addicted to the darn things!

The plus side to this is that my son has decided HE wants to read books too. He will bring me one of his books and say "I read Harry Potter too Mom." (and don't ask me how he knows I'm reading Harry Potter). Of course I put my book aside to read with him. I'm hoping that he will develop a love for reading too. I'll admit that, up until now, I haven't spent great amounts of time reading with him. As an infant, and even now, he was never interested in sitting still long enough.

It's nice thatI've become reaquainted with my "old friend". I have to say I've really missed it;-)

1 comment:

Momma Jen said...

Oh that Jack is a doll! You know Mags, I got lots of fun books that I've read when you finish all the HP's!! So glad you fell in love again! ((HUGS))