Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Bloody Nose

So this morning started off on entirely the wrong foot. I forgot to change my alarm time and ended up waking up several hours earlier than I needed to be. Sigh! I managed to doze off again until my "real" wake up time.

I was a little surprised that DS didn't wake up earlier, as he tends to do on days like this. I ended up going in and waking him up - and getting the surprise of MY life! He had developed a bloody nose! The poor kid...it must have just started shortly before I walked in because it wasn't everywhere yet. We were finally able to get it stopped but it did take a while. I took him to daycare but ended up picking him back up an hour or so later when they called to tell me his nose had started bleeding again. Given the "stuff" that came out, I think it was his sinus clearing out the old blood rather than it really starting up again. The rest of the day was blood free.

And did I mention that keeping an almost 3yo boy from running around the house like a crazy man is hard?! OMW, this child has energy! Thank goodness he's a good movie watcher. He got a treat and was able to watch a couple movies back to back, which helped keep him still.

I will say I was tempted to take him into the doctor but didn't. But after thinking about it, the house was really warm last night, he was layered in blankets and a blanket sleeper and I think he got too warm and his nose got too dried out. I bought a cool mist humidifier and set it up in his room. We'll try running it at night and see if it helps.

Just when you think it's safe to say, "I have nothing new going on. It's all the same old same old..."

No comments: