Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Whew!

So, I had my dr appt today and got the results of the NT scan we had done on June 10. Bloodwork was good and the scan results were good too. They estimate our chances of DS at 1 in 5,000 which is pretty darn good! Because they didn't see anything of concern on the u/s we will opt out of the amnio for now. I'll have bloodwork done at my next appt and they will run an AFP just to be sure. Gonna do the 1hr GTT as well(yucky).

Also gonna get another u/s (most likely my last one for a while) and hopefully this kid will cooperate:-) For the NT baby was sleeping when we got started and I had to walk around a little to wake it up, lol!

So all in all feeling much more confident about this pregnancy. I know, you're probably thinking - Uh, your 14 weeks now! Chill out! Problem is, I know this and statistically it's unlikely something will go wrong but I know that the possibility is still there.

Don't worry, I don't dwell on it but I do think alot about the mommies I know who don't get to hold their babies/children because that one in a million chance happened to them. I'm doing my best to enjoy everything about this pregnancy because I know it will be my last and I'm very very lucky to be pregnant.

1 comment:

Doodle - said...

Fantastic!!!!

Remember, there are good things that are a "million to one" too.

(((((HUGS)))))