Saturday, June 27, 2009

Scared

Anyone have any experience with eating disorders? Oh, I'm not talking about me;-) I'm too in love with my carbs to purge or not eat at all. I have a friend who is really struggling right now and I'm at a loss how to help her.

We met in college (the first time around). We were roommates for 3 years, sorority sisters, and I never knew she was suffering like that. After she graduated we lost contact for a while and during that time her ED really flaired up. She's been thru treatment a few times, most recently about 6 years ago or so. We reconnected because the center she was at is here in AZ. But we still aren't as close as we were 20 years ago.

Anyway, we stay "updated" via FB and she's posted some notes that really have me worried. She's in therapy still so I know she won't end up as bad off as she was before (at least I hope not). I just wish we were closer so I could help her! I'm not a therapist, nor do I play one on tv, but just being able to spend time with her. Give a hug when she needs it, and a shoulder when she needs to cry. I hate that she feels like she has to do this alone.

And yes I know she does have to do this alone (for the most part). I know I can't fix it for her. I just hate that she has to...

1 comment:

Doodle - said...

(((((HUGS)))))