Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Have A Heartbeat!

Yesterday was my "intake" appointment. They did the usual - pap, bloodwork and pee in a cup. They also got me in for an ultrasound, which I was hoping for. I had to wait all day for it but I was determined to know either way. So at 4pm I was back and in the u/s room. She put the scanner "thingy" on my abdomen and found little bean almost right away and there was a heartbeat! I burst into tears, which I'm quite sure didn't help her take measurements. I did try to hold still!

What a relief! I know that the chances of another miscarriage is now pretty low but we are still being "close to the vest" with this news right now. I've told my mom since she's living with me, just in case. I've also told my supervisor at work in case something happens there. Beyond that only my online friends know.

7 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

OMG! I was waiting for this special post! WOOHOO! I am so excited! How did your DS take the news? Is he excited to be a big brother?

Margaret said...

DS is excited. He said something about a puppy and I said "what would be better a puppy or a baby"? He said a baby:-) I don't know what I would have said if he'd said a puppy! LOL!

Doodle - said...

Praise God!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again, Mags! I'm so happy for you three (soon to be four)!

Lori said...

HOORAY!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations Mags!!! I am so happy and excited for you!!!! Huge happy hugs! YAY!!!!!

Terri said...

Wow, I haven't stopped by your site in ages and now look! You deserve all the happiness in the world. (I found your link on the "Prayers for Zachary" site. We work for the same compnay, but in different states.