Monday, April 13, 2009

OMG!

I didn't realize it's been 2 mos since my last post. Wow! What a slacker! Quite a bit has happened so I'll do the reader's digest version update...

We got another dog but are not keeping him. He's a young beagle(@2yo) and very very beagle! I don't have the time or energy to devote to him and it's not fair so we are giving him back to the rescue group this week.

DH came home and we had a GREAT visit. He's been back overseas for about a week now. I can't wait until he's home for good. DS really misses him!

Because of the dog, I've been getting out for at least a 1 mile walk/run every day - except for the week I injured both my knees when the dog decided to make running a contact sport. Sigh! Luckily I was wearing sweat pants and didn't do any major damage, just bruised and needing to grow back about 10 layers of skin on my knees. I'm planning to keep up the walk/run every day. It's been really good for my waistline:-)

My mom had knee surgery the other day (arthoscopic) and is recovering nicely. I'm glad because she's been hurting for so long! She injured her knee when we moved and we discovered it was a stress fracture and tears in two ligements!

DS has started playing tee ball and is having a blast! He's pretty good at the basics and I'm hoping he'll want to continue next year. DH practiced with him when he was home and they had so much fun:-)

I think that's about it. I promise to post a little more often!

3 comments:

Lori said...

ohhh, a beagle...I can understand why you can't keep him.

Doodle - said...

Beagles are very high energy. They are so darned cute though!

RollerCoaster said...

So glad you updated! I have been wondering how things were going!