Monday, June 11, 2007

Babies Everywhere

This past Sunday was a true test of my resolve to not let my frustration get the better of me. I'm pleased to say I made it thru an entire day with talk of babies swirling around me and only had to excuse myself once!

DS and I met up with my sisters and cousins and all the kids for a fun filled day at the nature park near here. It's one of those places where you ride the tram thru the park and hope to see one animal during the ride. We got very lucky and managed to see buffalo, deer, elk, moose, mountain goats, big horn sheep and many, many ducks. We even caught a glimps of the new baby moose in the herd, something that, aparently, is pretty hard to do.

All in all it was a nice day, though the weather could have cooperated a little more. We got rained on through out our visit. It's a good thing we weren't there to impress anybody! We looked like drowned rats, lol.

Oh, and I am starting to feel human again. This cold really knocked me out more than I thought.

My biggest frustration of the week so far? The Army once again shows that they don't know what the hell is going on most of the time. In the last two weeks I've gotten two different stories about where DH's demobilization is going to take place. Not that I should really take either one of them seriously. We are still too far out to really know for certain what is going to happen and when.

No comments: