Monday, March 27, 2006

An Introduction

I was never one to journal when I was younger. I'm still not sure why I decided to start this. All the "momentous" occasions in my life have pretty much happened already. Well, the ones that I count as momentous any way...meeting my DH, getting married, the birth of my son...you get the picture.

The next big stage of my life is just waiting in the wings. I'm finally graduating from college with my Bachelor's degree. It's been 19 years in the making (with a 5 yr hiatus). The best part is I am studying what I love, the bad part is I'm so old! Ah, well, at least it's almost done. Now if I can just find a job...

There may actually be an opportunity for me to do this - find a job doing what I want I mean. My DH is being deployed overseas so I get the year between this summer and next summer to do pretty much whatever I want. I will miss him, of course. And I fear what would happen if the Middle East decides to deteriorate even further. But that is something I don't have control over so I'm trying not to worry about it.

So I've done it! I've created my first blog entry. It's just stream of consiousness, like most of my entries are likely to be. Hopefully they won't all be this boring! LOL!

No comments: