Friday, August 10, 2007

The Mind Of A Child

It's amazing to me how much my DS has grown up over the last year. When we first moved in with my dad and step mother last summer, DS was very much still a baby - my baby. His verbal skills were a little behind, mostly because we all anticipated what he wanted so he never had to learn to ask for what he wanted. Now the child talks non stop! It's wonderfully frustrating.

His physical abilities have really come into sharp focus as well. Several months ago I bought a t-ball set for him to play with. Now he won't use the tee. He insists that you pitch to him, and he's a good hitter! I think I've lost more weight shagging baseballs for him than I did running after work. LOL! And he's now tall enough to see over the handle of the shopping cart at the grocery store when he's helping push - standing on the under cart shelf.

And just now, as he was watching Chicken Little, after the scene where Goosey Loosey tried to toss Chicken Little out of the gym window, he looked at me and said "Mommy, is it good to throw people out of the window?" The question took me by surprise! I'll admit I was blog stalking and not paying attention to the movie. Of course I ansered him that it wasn't because you could hurt someone, to which he nodded his head and said "Yeah, it's not nice."

No comments: