Saturday, August 02, 2008

Almost 40

Yup, believe it or not, I'm almost 40. Normally birthdays don't mean much to me. It's just a number after all, right? But this year it's more than that - it's the end of my time TTC another child. And I'm not sure I can stick to my resolution to move on once Dec 20 rolls around.

After all, it's not like we've had all of the last 5 years to continuously try for another baby. And it's not like we'll have the next 4 mos to keep trying. DH is starting his training this month and, while he'll be in the same state he'll be gone more than he'll be home. I can't count on him being here "when it's time", kwim?

I can't help feeling gyped! It's not fair that I don't get that time! It's not fair! It's not fair!

And in the back of my mind I keep thinking, if I bend my "rule" a little and we let ourselves slide one more year then we'll at least have DH's R&R (possibly) and the 3 mos once he gets back to try.

But do I really want to run that risk? Who's to say that my body hasn't already started shutting down the baby factory?! Look what has happened already this year. And how am I ever going to apologize to my DS for not being able to give him the little brother he wants.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

((((((((HUGS)))))))

Lori said...

((hugs)) Mags. Here's my assvice....don't stop TTC unless your head, your heart AND your body say its time.

RollerCoaster said...

I wish there was something more I could say or do other than give you a great big hug. It certainly sounds like you are not on board with your "rule". And...as the saying goes....rules are made to be broken. I know many 40+ woman who have beautifully healthy babies. You just never know.

Julie said...

((((Mags))))

Anonymous said...

Sweetie I want to give you big ((HUGS)). I agree that rules are meant to be broken. Lots of women bring healthy babies into this world after 40. I will keep you in my prayers!
Elle